Cow Hooves are Dangerous for Dogs!


My dog was given a package of Rollover Pet Food beef filled hooves as a well-meaning gift from a friend.

While she found these treats irresistibly delicious, she fractured her upper largest molar (carnassial) from it. This resulted in significant bleeding and pain and a very expensive veterinary bill to extract said tooth (over $800) as the fracture penetrated the pulp and was at high risk for subsequent infection.

I find it upsetting that nowhere do I see any kind of warning on the product's packaging or the company's website regarding the risks involved. Had I known there was a high risk for fracture, I would have never given this to my pet. It is apparent now, that hooves are much too hard for treats.

Please do not make the same mistake I did.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Consumer Reports on Dog Food.

You are here: > > Visitor Submission

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Copyright © 2016 - All Rights Reserved
Information on this site is for educational purposes and is not intended to replace
the advice and treatment of your veterinarian.