Michigan Humane Society
The Michigan Humane Society is a charitable 501(c)3 animal welfare organization and is the largest and oldest such organization in the state, caring for more than 100,000 animals each year!!
Their Mission: To end companion animal homelessness, to provide the highest quality service and compassion to the animals entrusted to our care, and to be a leader in promoting humane values.
The many reason why the Michigan Humane Society deserves and NEEDS your donation...
- Rescues and cares for more than 100,000 animals each year!!
- Is a private, nonprofit organization serving the animals and people of metro Detroit and beyond since 1877
- Receives no government funding and is not a United Way agency
- Receives no funding from, and is not affiliated with, any national humane organizations
- Depends SOLELY on the generosity of individual and corporate supporters to fund their programs and services.
- Find responsible loving homes for approximately 10,000 animals EACH year!
- Reunite more than 1,200 lost animals with their guardians each year
- Operate a cruelty hotline staffed by professional cruelty investigators to assist animals in our service area of Detroit, Hamtramck and Highland Park
- Provide emergency rescue 365 days a year for animals in our service area of Detroit, Hamtramck and Highland Park
- Offer low-cost sterilizations and perform over 13,000 spay/neuter surgeries each year to reduce pet overpopulation
- Educate approximately 15,000 children annually, teaching them respect for animals, responsible animal care and safety around animals
- Are a driving force for greater legislative protection for animals throughout Michigan
THE LIST GOES ON! Such a GREAT cause!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Nominate Animal Charities.